It’s painful to have plantar fasciitis, and your condition can worsen your condition if you don’t have the proper shoes, especially during a strenuous activity like tennis. Here are some of the best tennis shoe products for men with plantar fasciitis:
Top 9 Best Men’s Tennis Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis Reviewed
- New Balance Fresh Foam 1080 V10
- Saucony Grid Omni
- Adidas Barricade 2018
- Nike Zoom Vapor 9.5 Tour
- New Balance 1296 V2 Stability
- K-Swiss Hypercourt Express
- Wilson Rush Pro 3.0
- New Balance Fuel Cell996 V4
Asics Gel Nimbus 22
- Designed to deliver soft cushioning and a more responsive stride with your moves
- Features a softer gel cushioning feature for enhancing comfort and support
- Provides stability, reduces weight, and extends the durability of the shoe
- Extremely comfortable due to its lightweight engineered mesh material
- Has an expensive price
- Has a low arc support
- Sizes Available: 5 up to 18
- Colors Available: Black, White, Grey Floss, and 21 others
- Weight: 2 Pounds
- Material: Mesh and Synthetic
- Rubber sole
The Gel-Nimbus 22 by Asics can provide you enhanced comfort and support your movements inside the court even if you have plantar fasciitis. These shoes have a foam feature on its midsole to provide your feet with good support with its 45-degrees full-length feature on the platform of your shoes. It is lightweight to use, can provide you good stability, and breathability so that you can play comfortably without any problem.
New Balance Fresh Foam 1080 V10
- Has incredible moisture control to prevent discomfort while wearing it
- Provides you an excellent cushioning on its midsole
- Provides a variety of sizes that you can choose from
- Has good durability and to prevent wear and tear
- The top of the shoe sometimes gets in the way.
- Has a narrow sizing
- Sizes Available: 5 up to 13
- Colors Available: Lemon Slush, Black, Light Aluminum, and six others
- Material: 50% synthetic and 50% mesh
- Wide sizes are available.
The next product on this list is the Fresh Foam 1080 V10 by New Balance which gives your feet excellent cushioning on its midsole area to provide additional support and comfort to your feet This product has a sole, durable feature to withstand wear and tear that can happen while you are playing. These shoes are breathable and have a wide range of sizes available to accommodate the right fit for you.
Saucony Grid Omni
- Extremely comfortable to wear so you can freely move around the court
- Fits perfectly on your feet and provide you the features that you need
- Has engineered asymmetrical sole feature for bio-mechanical fit
- Provides a smooth transition between surface area
- Cannot handle long-term activities
- Has a poor durability
- Sizes Available: 5 up to 12
- Colors Available: Black, White, and Silver
- Weight: 11 Ounces
- Material: Synthetic and Leather
The Grid Omni by Saucony can give you excellent stability on the center of its heel and enhance its cushioning feature, especially on the rear foot area of your shoes. This product can help you maximize your performance inside the court without worrying about your foot pain caused by plantar fasciitis. This model by Saucony also provides wide shoe sizes to accommodate a wide range of foot types.
Adidas Barricade 2018
- Provides you good stability to prevents you from accidents.
- Sold at an affordable price that can fit your budget
- Very comfortable to wear for your tennis game
- Has a smooth upper that flexes with your foot
- Has a low grip against the surface
- Poor durability
- Sizes Available: 11 up to 15
- Colors Available: Black, White, Shock Pink, and two others.
- Weight: 15.04 Ounces
- Material: Mesh
Adidas can support you while keeping you stylish inside the court with its Barricade 2018 shoe model. Adidas’s shoe product enhanced its stability feature on its midfoot to help prevent the pain caused by your foot condition. It can support the lunge and twist movements that you do during your game to play without any worries freely.
Nike Men’s Zoom Vapor 9.5 Tour Tennis Shoe
- It prevents the heel from strong impacts during your tennis game.
- Increases the natural motion of your movements
- Comfortable even during your tennis match
- Provides you a custom-like fit wear
- The material can quickly accumulate dirt.
- Limited size and color for this shoe
- Sizes Available: 11.5 only
- Colors Available: White and Black only
- Material: Synthetic and Mesh
The Zoom Vapor 9.5 Tour by Nike is a good choice to use for your tennis match since it can provide you with excellent cushioning which can protect your foot from impact. These shoes can keep your foot in place for a comfortable fit, and it has an excellent feature that can protect your heel to prevent pain and injury on your foot. Finally, the outsole feature of this product can enhance the natural motion of your performance while playing tennis.
New Balance 1296 V2 Stability
- Has a good grip against the ground, especially for outdoor courts
- Prevents your feet from getting injured while playing tennis
- Great durability, so you can use it for a long period.
- Designed to fit your foot perfectly
- Limited variety of colors
- Sizing issue
- Sizes Available: 7.5 up to 15
- Colors Available: White and Blue only
- Weight: 1.06 Pounds
- Material: Half Mesh and half Synthetic
- Rubber Sole
Another New Balance product is the 1296 V2 Stability that can give you good cushioning on your shoes’ midsole. This product has a wide range of sizes that you can choose from, and it can handle your long period of tennis practice with its enhanced durability against wear and tear. Moreover, the s-curve feature of this product can provide you with excellent support and stability inside the court.
K-Swiss Hypercourt Express
- Provides you a good fit for an improved comfortability
- Good for Plantar Fascists issues due to comfortability
- Has a textile collar lining feature
- Affordable price
- Poor durability
- Sizing issue
- Sizes Available: 7 up to 14
- Colors Available: Red, Black, Grey, and five others
- Weight: 3 Pounds
- Rubber sole
- Material: Leather and Synthetic
This product’s lightweight material enhances your mobility and stability so you won’t have to worry about getting injuries and throwing off your tennis match. Not only that, but it also gives you extreme comfort making it suitable for such foot problems as plantar fasciitis issues. All in all, the K-Swiss Men’s Hypercourt Express provides you with a quality experience during your activities.
Wilson Rush Pro 3.0
- Comfortable to wear and specially made for your foot condition
- Gives you enough flexibility and a good fit
- Great for outdoor and indoor activities
- Offered you at an affordable price
- Sizing issue of the product
- Poor durability
- Sizes Available: 7 up to 14
- Colors Available: Black, Imperial Blue, Tangerine Tango, and three others
- Weight: 1.94 Pounds
- Material: 100% Synthetic
- Rubber Sole
Good balance, fit, and excellent comfortability are what the Wilson Rush Pro 3.0 features can offer. Using this product can improve your tennis performance and help prevent you from getting injured while playing. Also, the shoe can offer you stability and can match your quick movements inside the court. Finally, the shoes are lightweight and breathable to wear so you can play comfortably and focus on your game.
New Balance Fuel Cell996 V4
- Comfortable to wear and can accommodate your foot condition
- Can provide you good agility during your tennis match
- Provides you a good variety of design and style
- Ideal to use for outdoor activities
- Poor quality of its material
- Tends to break easily
- Sizes Available: 7 up to 15
- Colors Available: Ginger, Eclipse Dynomite, and four others
- Weight: 1.65 Pounds
- Material: Half mesh and half synthetic
This stylish, comfortable New Balance FuelCell 996 V4 boosts your match performance due the high amount of traction it generates against the ground. A good surface grip is one of the best features it can offer since it helps you play tennis well and protects you from further injuries. This product can stretch its material to fit your foot’ size perfectly, and it can provide your feet with sufficient support that it needs.
The most recommended product on this review is the Gel Nimbus 22 by Asics. This product can provide you stability, control, and soft cushioning to decrease the impact as your feet hit the ground while playing. It is also breathable to wear so you can comfortably move around and focus on your game. These shoes are a good product to have that will help you ace your game and have a quality time playing.
What to Consider When Buying Men Tennis Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis – Buyer’s Guide
You must be conscious of the features a shoe product offers if you plan to buy new tennis shoes, especially if you have plantar fasciitis. Here are some guidelines that will help you look for the best tennis shoes that you can use if you have a plantar fasciitis condition:
1. Choose a Feature That Has a Support for Your Arch and Heel
People that have flat arches are prone to plantar fasciitis. The arch of your foot is responsible for distributing the impact of your foot against the ground. Having a considerable amount of arch support on a shoe will help you feel relieved from pain caused by your foot condition. Also, the arch feature on a shoe will support you as you move around the court and will serve as protection from impacts.
On the other hand, a firm heel counter feature will minimize the abnormal stretch caused by plantar fasciitis. It will help in preventing inflammation both in the arch and heel of your foot.
2. Good Stability and Enhanced Comfort Feature of Your Shoes
Buying shoes that perfectly fit your feet will provide you stability and help you move freely while playing tennis. This feature can also prevent injuries during your game. You must always consider your shoes’ comfort while wearing them since this can help plantar fasciitis and your performance during the game.
3. Look for a Midfoot Cushioning and Stiff Sole Feature
One of the factors that you need to have in your tennis shoe is a sole that has stiff characteristics and a midfoot cushioning feature. These factors can lessen your heel’s impact against the ground, which can cause pain, especially if you have a plantar fasciitis condition.
4. Can Provide You Soft Impact Against the Ground
It would be ideal to look for the best tennis shoe that can give you the least impact wherever your foot hits the ground. You must also look for a shoe that provides a good amount of arch support since it can greatly help your feet’ condition.
You can still enjoy playing tennis even with a foot condition like plantar fasciitis. All you have to do is look for your tennis shoes’ necessary features, such as comfort, support, stability, and cushioning. Acquiring these features in one shoe product will help you have an excellent performance inside the court while not further worsening your condition. If you are looking for the best men’s tennis shoes for plantar fasciitis, the Gel Nimbus 22 by Asics is a good shoe to purchase.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
What types of shoes should you avoid if you have a condition like plantar fasciitis?
Avoid shoes that only provide little stability on its sole and shoes that don’t provide cushioning on the heel area since this can worsen your plantar fasciitis.
Is it okay to still play tennis even if you have plantar fasciitis?
Yes, you can still enjoy your tennis sport even if you have plantar fasciitis, but we recommend that you first talk to your doctor to get a professional opinion. Also, as we’ve discussed in this article, it’s very important that you purchase comfortable, stabile tennis shoes in order to reduce the risk of worsening your plantar fasciitis.
Is it important to put insoles if you have plantar fasciitis?
Insoles that are specifically made for plantar fasciitis can give you a solution from the medium to long term. The specialized insoles that you insert inside your tennis shoes will help relieve the pain caused by plantar fasciitis while you are playing.