It is essential to invest some of your money in good quality shoes that perfectly fit your feet. Well-fitting shoes will not only help improve your on court performance but will also help reduce injury risk. In this article, we’ve put together a list of the best tennis shoes for those of you with wide, flat feet.
Top 11 Best Tennis Shoes for Wide Flat Feet Reviewed
- Under Armour Men's Charged Assert
- Mizuno Men's Wave Inspire 15
- Asics Men's Gel-Game 7 Tennis Shoes
- K-Swiss Men's Bigshot Light Tennis Shoes
- Adidas Barricade Classic Wide 4E
- Prince Men's T22 Tennis Shoes
- Asics Men's Gel-Challenger 12 Tennis Shoes
- Asics Men's Gel Dedicate 5 Tennis Shoes
- Adidas Men's Barricade 2018
- Babolat SFX 3 All Court Mens
Under Armour Men’s Charged Assert
- Lightweight and comfortable to wear so you can easily move
- Offers you a wide range of size to choose from
- Gives you good responsiveness while playing
- Provides your feet good cushioning inside
- Shoes keep on making a squeaking sound against the ground.
- Minor durability issue
- Fabric Material: 54% polyester and 16% elastane
- Sizes Available: 7 up to 15
- Colors Available: Black, white, baroque green, and 19 other color styles
- Weight: 1.46 pounds
Under Armour’s product, the Men’s Charged Assert 8, is a good pair of tennis shoes to invest in if you have wide, flat feet. You can easily move around with this product with its lightweight characteristics, and it has a breathable feature thanks to its fabric material. It is equipped with an Eva type of sock liner for additional comfort inside. In addition, it has a charged cushioning feature on its midsole that utilizes molded foam for enhanced responsiveness.
These shoes are made for high impact types of activities and performance. You can still be stylish in court with Under Armour’s Men’s Charged Assert 8 with the wide range of colors and designs that it offers you. High performance and good style on the court will boost your confidence as a player.
Mizuno Men’s Wave Inspire 15
- Will not give you a heavy and bulky feeling while wearing it.
- Provides you smooth stability, cushioning, and response
- Made for a high-performance type of activities
- Breathable to wear
- Smaller actual sizing than what was advertised
- Durability issue of the shoe’s rubber sole
- Fabric Material: Textile and synthetic
- Sizes Available: 7, 7.5, 8, 23, 25 and 16
- Colors Available: Ocean depths cloud, metallic beetle shadow, and four others
- Weight: 12 ounces
- Wide sizes versions are also available.
The Mizuno Men’s Wave Inspire 15 is specifically made for tennis players with wide, flat feet in order to give you the performance you need on the court. As a brand, Mizuno’s goal is to provide its customers with serious performance to promote an active sports lifestyle. In line with its mission as a brand, it provides shoes intending to accommodate different foot types so that you can be comfortable on the court..
The Men’s Wave Inspire 15 has wider versions for sizes 7, 8, 15, and 16 that you can choose if you have wide flat feet. These shoes offer you comfortable cushioning, balance, and excellent responsiveness so you can actively move around while playing tennis. Thanks to its U4ic midsole and U4icX heel wedge feature, it enhances your shoes with a soft cushioned characteristic of providing you a dynamic ride while wearing it.
Asics Men’s Gel-Game 7 Tennis Shoes
- Can manage the moisture of your feet with its ortholite sockliner
- Has a thick sole ideal for clay and hard court tennis venue
- Can support your lateral and forward movements
- Reduces the shock impact on your feet
- Tends to quickly worn out
- Heavy to use
- Fabric Material: Fabric and synthetic
- Sizes Available: 6, 7, 7.5, and 9
- Colors Available: Mako blue, champagne, peacoat, and five others
- Weight: 2 pounds
The Asics Men’s Gel-Game 7 Tennis Shoes are a good pair to have if you are looking for shoes that can provide you stability and comfort while playing tennis. This product is made from both fabric and synthetic material to give you a breathable shoe feature on its forefoot. It is ideal for wearing if you have wide flat feet since it has a wide heel cage feature to enhance your balance on your rear foot so you can play with ease.
It also has a large upper mesh area that reduces your shoes’ weight and enhances its breathability feature. The Men’s Gel-Game 7 also offers you a wide variety of colors and designs so you can choose the best style that will suit your sports outfit.
K-Swiss Men’s Bigshot Light Tennis Shoes
- You can remove its insoles if you want to replace it with your chosen product.
- Provides the foot support that you need in court
- Gives you good stability and lightweight to wear
- Stylish and comfortable to wear
- Poor customer service
- Poor wear resistance
- Fabric Material: 100% synthetic
- Sizes available: 7 up to 14
- Colors Available: White and blue
- Weight: 12.8 ounces
If you are an active tennis player and are looking for shoes that will help you have a good performance on the court, you can choose the Men’s Bigshot Light Tennis Shoes by K-Swiss. It has been several decades since K-Swiss started operating as a lifestyle apparel and athletic footwear brand. You can trust this brand to give you an excellent tennis game by providing you shoes that fit your feet.
This product is lightweight to wear so you can freely move in any direction, and it can support your side to side movements. These shoes can provide you comfort and style at the same time, so you can get two birds with one stone with this purchase.
Adidas Barricade Classic Wide 4E
- Can protect you against foot drag while playing tennis
- Offers you a two-year warranty for the product
- Provides you an abrasion-resistant feature
- Ideal to use on clay or hard tennis courts
- The width of the shoes is not wide enough.
- The lace of the shoes is too short.
- Fabric Material: 100% synthetic
- Sizes Available: 5.3, 5.5, 6, 10, 12, and 13
- Colors Available: White and black
- Weight: 13 ounces
You can play your tennis sport with ease with this Adidas product, the Barricade Classic Wide 4E. These shoes can provide you comfort and stability while playing with the help of its mesh upper that has synthetic overlays. It has a durable rubber outsole that can withstand high-performance activities.
This product has an abrasion-resistant feature that encloses your toes forefoot to protect you from foot drag problems that can happen during the game to stay responsive at all times. It also has a low-top measurement from the arch for its shaft measurement. For improved comfort, Adidas includes its cushioning on this Barricade Classic Wide 4E product.
Prince Men’s T22 Tennis Shoes
- Provides you good support while playing tennis
- Can lessen the shock while you’re playing
- Shoes were made from durable material.
- Sturdy to use and has a good cushion
- Can be quite tight to wear
- Heavy to wear and use
- Fabric Material: 100% mesh and synthetic
- Sizes Available: 7 up to 14
- Colors Available: White and blue
- Weight: 2 pounds
Prince’s product, the Men’s T22 Tennis Shoes, is a good product to buy if you are looking for a shoe with good durability that can support your feet during the game. This product is made from materials that ensure the shoes are cool, well ventilated, and breathable so you can comfortably use your shoes, especially while playing tennis. In addition, its TPU forefoot straps further enhance your stability and balance.
This product provides you a Rash toe cap feature for abrasion protection, and it also has a shock eraser feature on its midsole to absorb high impact movements. As for the shoe brand, Prince Sports is a brand that produces cutting edge and innovative sports products so you can have a fun and active sports lifestyle. You can expect that the Men’s T22 Tennis Shoes will help you give good performance while wearing it.
Asics Men’s Gel-Challenger 12 Tennis Shoes
- You can remove the sock liner for medical orthotic purposes.
- Provides you a lightweight midsole combination
- Can lessen the weight of the sole area
- Manages the moisture of your feet
- The colors of the shoes were lighter than what was advertised.
- The padding of the shoe quickly wears out.
- Fabric Material:
- Sizes Available: 7, 7.5, 10, 10.5, 14, and 15
- Colors Available: White, electric blue, peacoat, and six other colors
- Weight: 2.15 pounds
You can now enjoy playing tennis, despite having wide flat feet, with the help of the Asics’ Men’s Gel-Challenger 12 Tennis Shoes. This product is lightweight because it uses EVA features from a mixture of foam and plastic for its midsole support. It also provides enhanced arch support with its gel liner, reducing the vibrations during impact, especially while playing tennis.
You can also remove its sock liner if you want to insert a medical orthotic accessory. With the help of its Asics’ technology, its weight of the sole can be reduced while still keeping its structure built. It is a good shoe to use if you want to have good stability starting from your forefoot up to your rearfoot while playing tennis.
Asics Men’s Gel Dedicate 5 Tennis Shoes
- Provides you a forefoot gel for lessening shock pressure while wearing
- Provides you good traction support for your movements
- Shoes have a wider area for your toes.
- Lightweight and comfortable to wear
- The sizes of the shoes were not accurate.
- Poor customer service
- Fabric Material: 100% synthetic
- Sizes Available: 6 up to 14
- Colors Available: white, black, azure, and dark blue
- Weight: 12 ounces
Another Asics product is the Men’s Gel Dedicate 5 Tennis Shoes that you can use if you want to have comfort and good protection while you’re in court. This product is made with leather for the upper part of the shoes with a built-in mesh panel to keep your feet cool and comfortable while wearing it. This feature will help prevent excessive perspiration by letting the air freely circulate while you are playing tennis.
These shoes provide your feet enough cushioning to your soles so that it can lessen the pain caused by impact against the ground while playing. With this product, you can freely play the sports you love with the comfort, protection, and keeping with the latest style.
Adidas Men’s Barricade 2018
- Can help you secure yourself from foot drag while playing
- Gives you good stability and traction while wearing it
- Has an abrasion-resistant feature
- Has a durable sole
- Made from a hard material that can cause you blisters
- Limited sizes available for a smaller type of feets
- Sizes Available: 12 and 15 only
- Colors Available: black, white, real coral, and shock pink
- Weight: 15 ounces
Another Adidas product on this review is the Men’s Barricade 2018 which you can use to enhance balance and stability for your wide feet. This Adidas shoe product is a popular tennis shoe worn by men since it has many good features to offer. This product will keep your foot in place as you move around to play the game effortlessly.
This product also offers an abrasion-resistant feature wrapped around your toe and on the tip of your shoe to protect your foot from impact while playing. The Adidas Men’s Barricade 2018 can support all your movements while playing tennis.
Babolat SFX 3 All Court Mens
- Provides you a side to side support while wearing it
- Gives you a good grip against the ground
- Comfortable and lightweight to wear
- Provides you good stability
- The durability of the shoe’s sole
- Sizing issues
- Sizes Available: 7.5 and 13 only
- Colors Available: Blue and black
- Weight: 1.76 pounds
The Babolat SFX 3 All Court Mens Tennis Shoes will help individuals with flat feet condition freely play tennis by providing them good support. These shoes are made from soft and comfortable fabric so you can move around the court without any problem. This product has excellent cushioning and also helps in absorbing the impact under your foot due to hard landings. If you want to have excellent comfort while playing, this is a good product to choose from.
Babolat Men’s Propulse Blast All Court
- Ideal to use on clay and hard type of tennis court
- Offers you good traction against the ground
- Made from breathable material
- Comfortable and sturdy to use
- The position of the top lace was incorrect.
- Minor sizing issues
- Sizes Available: 6.5 up to 13
- Colors Available: White, golden poppy, and black
- Weight: 13.47 ounces
Another Babolat product that can give you supreme comfort and protection is the Men’s Propulse Blast All Court shoe product. This product has a cushioning feature that can support your whole foot while wearing it to reduce your arch’s impact as you move around.
This product will also help correct your foot’s alignment for added protection so you can play tennis for an extended time without any pain.
Out of the tennis shoes discussed in this review, the top-recommended product you can use if you have a wide flat foot is the Under Armour Men’s Charged Assert 8. Under Armour is a trusted brand for sports apparel, and it can also provide you with the best tennis shoes that you can use if you have wide flat feet. This product has a wide range of sizes that you can choose from, and it is also lightweight so you can quickly move while playing tennis. It also provides you with a good cushioning feature that you need for wide flat feet conditions. If you want another shoe brand option, you can choose the Mizuno Men’s Wave Inspire 15, which can also provide you good stability and support while playing tennis.
Features to Look for When Buying Tennis Shoes for Wide Flat Feet – Buyer’s Guide
There is no issue in having a wide and flat type of feet since many shoe brands nowadays offer different varieties of shoes specially designed for this foot type. If you want to have a good game while playing tennis, it is best to find the best tennis shoes that perfectly fit your feet. These are the essential features that you must look for if you are planning to buy tennis shoes that can accommodate the wide and flat type of feet:
1. Arch Support
If you have a wide and flat type of feet, one of the most important factors you should look for in a shoe is if it provides enough support for your foot’s arch. The shoes’ construction must be designed to provide your foot an arch that it needs since this is what flat-footed individuals lack. Having good arch support will eliminate the problem of flat-footedness and the symptoms related to it.
2. Arch Cushion
Another important factor to consider is the arch cushion of the shoes. The arch that gives your foot a shape should have excellent cushioning since this will protect your foot from impact while you are playing. If you want to have the best tennis shoes for wide flat feet, you must look for its arch cushion feature since this will protect you while playing and determine your comfortability.
If you plan to buy the tennis shoes in the brand’s actual store that you want, it would be ideal for testing the shoes’ comfortability by wearing them. You may walk it around to determine if the fit is right for you and if it is comfortable to wear.
If you are buying your shoes online, you may read the previous customers’ reviews of the shoes you plan to buy and see if they were satisfied with the product. Check the comments regarding the comfort and other factors like its fitting and comfortability. Weigh the pros and cons of the product to see if the pros of buying it outweigh the cons.
Buying your tennis shoes will last not only for several months but most shoes could be worn for years. If you want to buy your tennis shoes, you might buy the style you want to look good and stylish while playing. It would be best to choose the style that best reflects your personality and consider the tennis outfit you will wear to make sure that your shoes complement it. However, you must keep in mind that you must never compromise your comfort with style since comfort will determine your performance during the game.
Having a wide and flat feet condition will not hinder you from playing tennis or other sports types you want as long as you are equipped with good shoes to support your needs. Shoe brands are now customizing their customers’ needs, and you can now find tons of products for people with wide flat feet. You can choose from all the products mentioned in this review since it can provide you good support and cushioning while you’re playing tennis. These shoes will help provide your comfort so you can have fun, be competitive, and enjoy your tennis game with your friends. If you want to buy the best tennis shoes for wide flat feet, you can choose the Under Armour Men’s Charged Assert 8, which is the most recommended product in this review.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs:
What are the best shoe characteristics to have for flat feet conditions?
You should be looking for shoes with outstanding heel support. Choosing a shoe that has wedges on its soles will help with this will help in limiting overpronation. Your shoes should have a stiff sole below your foot’s arch, and it should only flex at the forefoot.
Are flat-footed people more clumsy when it comes to extended sports activity, running, or walking?
Yes, flat-footed individuals tend to be more clumsy and prone to fatigue when doing prolonged and extensive sports or activities. If you have a wide flat foot, it would be ideal to have shoes that provide you built-in arch support to solve this kind of problem. Having good arch support is one of the most important features to check if you are buying shoes meant to be used for sports like tennis, running, etc.